Same workshop, beautiful new people. Meeting new candle enthusiasts each month inspires us so much, we leave the workshop filled with enthusiasm and excitement for growing this community.
Over the years our workshop has gained the attention of small business dreamers, those wanting to start their own businesses in the candle industry and alike, we have taken this feedback on board and have tailored the workshop experience to suit our guests.
We now offer 3 versions of our candle making workshop… 1. Small Business Candle Making (This is our OG candle making workshop which is hosted in Cape Town.) 2. Recreational Candle Making (This is an adapted version of our OG workshop, and is hosted in Hermanus.) 3. Our Online Candle Making Course (Supporting our international audience and readers who are longing to learn from the comfort of your own home.) *We recommend that you purchase our candle making kit to ensure you have all the equipment you need at home to get started…
All the #SMLcandlemaking workshops cover the basics of candle making with a fundamental focus on hand poured vegan soy wax scented massage candles. Each with their own specific focus. Get in touch if you would like to know which workshop would be the best fit for you…
The #SMLcandlemaking workshop covers the basics of candle making with a fundamental focus on hand poured vegan soy wax scented massage candles. It’s a hands on, fun creative morning which includes a light lunch and sweet treats – something to be enjoyed with friends.
In the workshop we will cover the following:
– An introduction to candle making.
– Different types of candles.
– Methods of candle making.
– The benefits of soy wax.
– Blending essential oils.
– Candle making equipment and care thereof.
– Stockists details.
– How to create a personal brand with a focus on Instagram. (This includes photo editing tools, our favourite apps and tips on how to maximise your engagement.)
You will take home:
– A candle making workshop booklet, with two pull out motivational posters.
– 2 x handcrafted scented massage candles. (Each candle is hand poured to roughly 200ml and has an estimated burning time of 50 hours. Size: 9cm height X 7cm diameter. Valued at R280 each.)
*There are also candle making kits for sale (R950.00) at the workshop as well as a few of our candles for you to purchase and take home if you’d like.
Want to join us for our next workshop? Browse the new dates here.
Written & compiled by Melissa Lawrence. Photographed by Kayleigh Schuitema, post production by Melissa Lawrence.