Date: Sunday, 6 December 2020
Time: 10am – 1pm (please arrive 15 minutes before to settle in – note we may finish earlier or later depending on the speed of the group)
Venue: SOUTE (Food Jam). Unit B10, 45 Yew St, Salt River, Cape Town, 7915. *Venue has stairs at the entrance, no other entry.
Skill level: Beginner to intermediate (We have decided to keep the groups intimate to ensure each person gets the needed attention. Groups are capped at a max of 8 guests to ensure we are able to social distance.)
Workshop size: 8 pax
Covid-19 precautions: Keeping our guests, work-family and loved ones safe is our highest priority. Of course we follow strict hygiene protocols in our studio regardless and will continue to do so, but moving forward we and the venue will be taking extra care to ensure we are taking all necessary precautions. It is however important to note that we are mutually aware of the risks involved with hosting a workshop during a global pandemic. It is your responsibility to let us know your status and we will do the same. The workshop will be cancelled at any given time should it be not safe to host it. Please get in touch should you have any further questions.
In the workshop we will cover the following:
– An introduction to candle making.
– Different types of candles.
– Methods of candle making.
– The benefits of soy wax.
– Blending essential oils.
– Candle making equipment and care thereof.
– Stockists details.
– How to create a personal brand with a focus on Instagram. (This includes photo editing tools, our favourite apps and tips on how to maximise your engagement.)
What will be provided?
– Candle making equipment and tools, soy wax, essential oils, 2x candle vessels and an apron (These are your to use for the day but please leave it behind at the end of the workshop. There will be candle making kits for sale, R950.00, at the workshop for you to purchase and take home if you’d like. You can pay with snapscan, cash or EFT.)
– Bubbly on arrival.
– Snacks and refreshments – please send through any dietary requirements you may have.
You will take home:
– A candle making workshop booklet, with two pull out motivational posters.
– 2 x handcrafted scented massage candles. (Each candle is hand poured to roughly 200ml and has an estimated burning time of 50 hours. Size: 9cm height X 7cm diameter. Valued at R250 each.)
What to wear?
Soy wax does wash out of your clothes and we will be supplying a full-length apron but we would recommend that you wear comfy clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting messy in. Masks are mandatory.
Once payment has been made you will receive an email from us confirming your ticket/s. Attendees do not receive a physical ticket.
Ticket sales are final and non-refundable, unless cancelled due to Covid-19. If you are unable to attend you are welcome to gift the ticket to a friend. We reserve the right to cancel the workshop at any time in which case we will issue refunds.