During my Moody Sunday Thrifting I bought this sweet little triceratops, he cost all of R5.00 (+-$0.52). A touch of gold paint and some left over timber pieces from a previous DIY project and these Dino Bookends were born.
- Clean the dinosaur (or whichever plastic toy you have purchased) in soapy warm water.
- Get all your items prepared.
- Apply 3 coats of gold paint, apply 1 layer at a time and let dry.
- Cut the Dinosaur in half.
- Fill the empty shell with silicone, this will allow for a larger surface area when gluing it to the timber base.
- My piece of timber was already cut, but cut your piece into 4 equal pieces,
- Nail two pieces into a basic ‘L’ shape as seen in the photographs below.
- Glue the head to the one timber angle, and the backside to the other.
- Allow to dry over night.
- and you’re done.